I have always loved banana bread but didn’t have a recipe that suggested less than 2 cups of sugar (eeeck!). Banana bread with that much sugar is basically sugar bread with banana and not what I consider a snack. Then my sister showed me a recipe she had discovered and since then I haven’t looked back!
Banana Bread GF DF
1/3 cup coconut oil – melted
1/2 cup of honey
2 large ripe banana’s – mashed
1/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 3/4 cup of buckwheat flour
Optional for topping: a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and 1 large halved banana.
- Preheat oven to 165-degree celsius and line 9×5 inch bread tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil and honey. Add eggs and beat well.
- Whisk in mashed banana and milk.
- Add baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in flour with a big spoon, just until combined – some lumps are okay!
- Pour batter into you lined bread tin.
- OPTIONAL – place halved banana on top with walnuts and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes.
- Let bread cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack to cool for another 20 minutes before slicing.
*GF – Gluten Free/ DF- Dairy Free
This recipe is edited from COOKIE + Kate ‘s Healthy Banana Bread <3