Did you know that men account for approximately 40% of all infertility cases? Surprisingly, this fact often goes unnoticed, as women frequently bear the initial burden when difficulties in achieving pregnancy arise. Recent studies reveal an alarming decline in sperm counts over the past five decades, plummeting by more than 50%, which is undeniably having a profound impact.
When I begin consultations with clients, one of my first inquiries pertains to the male partner’s sperm quality. Often, especially when the woman is known to have fertility issues, the male has not undergone any fertility testing, presuming his sperm is perfectly healthy. I highly recommend that all couples consider sperm analysis testing. It’s a non-invasive and straightforward process that ensures a comprehensive understanding of the fertility landscape. By addressing both partners’ fertility aspects simultaneously, we can expedite the journey to pregnancy. While we work on balancing the female’s hormones and regulating her cycle, we can also improve sperm quality. For many men, seeing positive results from their initial sperm analysis motivates them to adopt health and lifestyle changes, including homeopathic remedies and supplements, to enhance their fertility, with the tangible benefits reflected in subsequent sperm analyses.
In a 2017 study conducted by researchers from the Hebrew University and Mount Sinai’s medical school, sperm counts per milliliter of semen had declined by more than 50% from 1973 to 2011. Total sperm counts were down nearly 60%. The cause? Overwhelmingly, scientists attribute this decline to the influx of toxic chemicals entering the human body.
Now, for the good news: sperm regeneration occurs every three months, making quality improvement relatively straightforward. If a man modifies his lifestyle and health over a three-month period, there’s a high likelihood that his sperm quality will improve upon reevaluation.
While homeopathy remains my primary recommendation for enhancing sperm count and quality, here are five quick tips that can support this process:
- Reduce Chemical Exposure: Minimize exposure to toxic chemicals from plastic containers, opt for natural skincare and cleaning products, consume organic foods to avoid chemical pesticides, and quit or reduce smoking.
- Maintain a Balanced Diet: Embrace a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, protein, and healthy fats. Reduce alcohol and coffee consumption while increasing water intake.
- Manage Stress and Prioritize Sleep: Stress reduction and quality sleep are crucial for overall health and fertility.
- Consider Supplements: Coenzyme Q10, L-Arginine, Zinc, a high-quality men’s multivitamin, and Conceptshen Motility are supplements to consider.
- Minimize Radiation Exposure: Avoid excessive Wi-Fi and radiation exposure. Sleep with your phone on flight mode, avoid keeping phones in your pocket, and prevent extreme heat exposure to the genitals.
The human body is remarkably resilient and capable of rectifying underlying issues when provided with the right environment. Every small change you make accumulates, enhancing your overall health and increasing your chances of achieving a natural pregnancy.
For more information or to book a consultation to begin improving your sperm quality today, please don’t hesitate to contact me and arrange a suitable time.